The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announces the fourth edition of the Student’s Global Aptitude Index (SGAI).
The last date of registration for SGAI Fourth edition is till September 30, 2013 but not later than October 15, 2013. There is no late fee for SGAI.
Ads by Google
1. Central Board of Secondary Education, the first school education board to conduct an aptitude assessment in the country in the form of SGAI.
2. Student’s Global Aptitude Index will be conducted at the pan India level.
3. SGAI Test will be a paper pencil test and is customized to suit the Indian context.
4. This test is designed keeping in mind the fact that each individual is unique in terms of aptitude, interest and motivation.
5. The purpose of the test is to sensitize parents, teacher and students on effective career planning later in life.
6. However, Some changes have been made in the forthcoming SGAI, that instead of January 2014, SGAI will be held in the month of November 2013.
7. The purpose behind rescheduling is to provide students the assessment reports well ahead of their entry into class XI.
8. No Separate registration for SGAI is required this year because registration is clubbed with the online list of class X students for academic session 2013-14.
9. Schools may register students for SGAI on payment of Rs 100 per student.
10. SGAI advocacy and orientation programs for schools at various locations will be arranged by the Board.
Interestingly, the Himachal Board of Higher Education has also partnered with CBSE and conducted SGAI for students of class X.
Do you think this iis the right approach by CBSE ?. Please use the comments section below.